Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Holy Mackerel!


Hail coming down
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
So there I was last night at 0330, sleeping like a baby in my tent. Something was getting louder, so I thought one of my earplugs had fallen out (I sleep with earplugs all the time because it's noisy here in Kwuait: either Dave is snoring at my home camp or here I sleep next to the Gator superhighway).
anyhow, back to the story. I felt for my earplugs to put them back in, but they were already in. And then it got LOUDER and LOUDER. For a half a second, I though a C-130 had rolled off the tarmac and was rumbling next to my tent. I took out my earlplugs, put on my flip-flips, opened the door to my tent and....
HAIL! nickel, quarter, and golf-ball-sized hail was pelting the crap out of my tent and the rest of camp. Luckily, the tent held together, but I don't know how.
I've never been in a hailstorm like this before (certainly never in a tent in a hailstorm). It lastest about 30 minutes, but I was finally able to go back to sleep after it was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home