Monday, January 30, 2006

Kim and Hunter

I got a chance to walk down to the phone trailer this evening in order to wish my sister Kim a happy 30th birthday. She should be somewhere in the Las Vegas vicinity by now gambling and having a grand time. All I got was voicemail, so if you haven't checked your voicemail yet, Happy Birthday, Kim.
After leaving the voicemail, I was able to reach Sarema in Hawaii. Amazing things, these modern communications devices. From the middle of the desert, I was able to talk to my wife on her cell phone on an island way out in the Pacific Ocean. Anyhow, she is having a good time and even got to go to the beach and take Hunter in the water. As we were wrapping up the phone conversation, she told me that Hunter has started to crawl. I'm happy that he's finally able to do it because he's been frustrated for the last couple weeks trying to learn how. On the long trek back from the phone trailer, I thought about what I was going to write here and I could not come up with the words to describe what I was feeling. I can't describe what it feels like to be stuck over here and miss the first major milestone's in my son's development.
Bad. It just feels bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home