Monday, January 16, 2006

Carly Goodwin


Carly
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
I left on a new mission this morning and spent part of the day travelling.
A country music artist, Carly Goodwin, stopped by the camp I'm staying at this evening. She started off by singing the national anthem, so I liked her from the beginning. You can see in the picture that she had her leg up on a chair and a pillow (it's hidden under the blanket)
...apparently she took an accidental stage dive last night at my home camp and ended up needing medical attention. She soldiered on through the knee injury and the bitter outdoor cold here (low 40s) to give the troops a little taste of home tonight. She even brought a 13 mile long piece of butcher paper that she have carried around to all her concerts this past summer so that Americans could write good wishes to the troops. She leaves a couple hundred feet of the paper at every camp they visit. What a neat idea.
I'm not the biggest country music fan (Sarema can testify to that), but I enjoyed her music and I appreciate her spending a month over here traveling around and entertaining the troops. Thanks Carly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home