Sunday, February 19, 2006

Godspeed, Uncle Ross

My mom's uncle Ross, who was battlefield commissioned in World War II and retired from the Army as a Major, died Friday night just before midnight. He was the only other member of my family to serve as an Army officer, so we had a special kinship. Uncle Ross and I were on the "same page" on so many issues about life, the military, and politics. It was always good to sit down and chat with him when I visited.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary; she was a very classy lady and I'm sure he's glad to be back with her. Here's a salute for you, MAJ Conklin. Thanks for everything you did for your country and for me. Godspeed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,
How lovely for you to say such nice things about Uncle Ross. I know that he was very proud of you, too. With your permission, I will give your words to the minister to read at the memorial service on Sat. They have asked for people to say a few words and your words are perfect.

Mom

12:43 AM, February 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can read the post at his service. I'd be honored. Thanks, Mom.

1:20 AM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home