Thursday, November 24, 2005

Waiting in Line


Waiting in Line
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
Today we waited in line for 45 minutes for Thanksgiving dinner. Here's a picture of the Swamp residents waiting for turkey with all the trimmings. (L to R) me, Dave, John, and Jim.
The food was good with lots of choices... I had turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie with baskin-robbins ice cream. It was good, but I really miss my mother-in-law's homemade gravy and made-from-scratch whipped cream. I can't wait for next Thanksgiving at Morgan Hill.
The important part of today was that I got to share the meal with my friends and fellow soldiers. I'm glad to have them here and they're the closest thing I have to family in this desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home