Saturday, October 01, 2005

Care Packages

Some of the people who write me or leave comments on the blog ask if I need anything in the way of care packages. I really appreciate people looking out for my needs and it's great to have so many people in my life who care. The fact is, though, that I have 2 decent-sized PXs here and I can get almost any store-bought item that I need.
There are troops in this war who aren't so lucky. They're stationed in Iraq on Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) with few creature comforts and constant danger. Those are the guys and girls that need help. If you are in the mood to send a care package, check out AnySoldier.com or Soldier's Angels. Either one is a worthy cause to help out the troops that really need it.
However, if you want to do something to help me directly, I saw a phrase a few days ago on a website that real stuck with me: "The best way to support American's troops in the Middle East is to support the famlies they left behind." I couldn't agree more.
You can help me best by helping out my wife and my 6-month old son. Sarema ended up with the hardest job in this deployment by far. Call her and offer to bring her a meal so she doesn't have to cook or offer to watch Hunter while she takes a nap or goes to the store. Making sure she's taken care of is what would help me most.
I really appreciate all the support we're getting from friends and family. It's very humbling. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am here as often as I can manage it... and Sarema won't even take all of the help I try to offer! I tried to get her to let me sleep with Hunter in his room tonight so she could get a whole night's sleep alone. Nothing doing, she insists she doesn't mind. What a trooper! I actually think she likes the distraction...
She does get food all of the time since her surgery but please folks, bring her something other than chicken! hehehe...

1:05 AM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kymi has been doing a great job supporting Sarema, as has Allison. Thanks to both of them for helping out so much

7:07 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home