Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lee Greenwood


Lee Greenwood
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
Here's Mr. Greenwood himself, decked out in the new Army Combat Uniform, or ACU. This is what all soldiers will be wearing within the next year.
He sang "Have you Forgotten," "American Soldier," and "God Bless the USA".... the trifecta of patriotic songs these days.
Since Sarema mostly listens to country music back home, hearing country reminds me a lot of her. That makes it difficult sometimes.
As with all of these concerts, though, it's really nice to see people taking time out of their lives to come all the way over here and entertain the troops. It means a lot to us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisha Oksner said...

Found your blog via Sarema's website. Now I am hooked on your updates from the Middle East.

Dunno if you saw my comment embedded in an older post, but check out some pics of Hunter's birthday party:

http://tinyurl.com/qgaow

Cheers,
Trisha Oksner
[from Sarema's Mom's Group]

5:33 AM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sir,

I am keeping up with you as best I can from Ft. Rucker... Glad to hear you will be home soon, let me know when you are back so I can join you at Firestone for a round of drinks.

Found out that I am going to be an Instructor Pilot here at rucker for the next few years. Who said apache drivers don't get any hours!!!

All else is well with me, got another home here in AL and getting ready to take command. Just seams like yesterday I was a Cadet and you were my teacher. Now you are there, I am here, and you have a fam. Good times, I look forward to your homecoming and wish the nest through the summer heat.

Eric

9:07 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home