Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post Christmas Wrap Up

...no pun intended.
Christmas was similar to most other days here in that it was pretty boring. We did watch "It's a Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve (the darkness concealed most of the guys' tears). On Christmas day, we opened presents and watched '24' until lights out. Jack Bower is the man! What a great show.
Anyhow, my friends and family hooked me up with some great presents. I got homemade candy, a super photo album and a frame with pawprints of all my sons (Hunter, Ranger, and Bear) from Sarema, cordless headphones for my IPOD from my parents, season 1 of Lost and XboX games from Kim, a beer-themed desk calendar from Joan, and a bunch of great photos from Rick. (I apologize if I left anyone out. My Mom says I'd forget my own head if it wasn't attached; and she's right)
Later, Jim and I ended up on the pie-serving station for Xmas dinner. We got to serve dessert to the troops and we had a great time. We have some of the best men and women this country has to offer here in the desert with us. I enjoyed meeting a bunch of them.
Well, back to groundhog day until New Year's this weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home