Friday, May 09, 2008

Haven't seen him in 17 years


IMG_8916.JPG
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
No sh-t, there I was... walking to breakfast in my hotel on Thursday morning. All of a sudden, this tattooed biker dude walks up to me and says, "Hi, Major Wooldridge."
Turns out it's Lopez, who went to college with me briefly in 1990-91 and was part of the Recondo club at Cal Poly ROTC. We both loved to go out on infantry patrols in the field at Camp SLO. He bailed out of school after the summer of 91 and went to be with his girlfriend in LA. That was the last I heard of him until Thursday.
He just got married and has been doing some great things serving the public since I last saw him in 91; it was cool to see him again.
Small world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

I found your blog while trying to see if I could find where on earth you are now! It looks like you are doing very well. We are living in San Antonio, Texas, right now while Jamey does his urologic oncology fellowship. We'll be here one more year and then we'll see where the Navy moves us. We have two boys, Joshua (7 years old) and Jared (3 years old.) There's probably lots more to tell I'd love to hear from you and catch up. Your family is absolutely beautiful - congratulations! You can e-mail me at RobynSarvis@hotmail.com if you get the chance. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

~Robyn

12:29 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Justin McCauley said...

Maj.
Had the honor of working with this man in the picture the last week during an Operation. good guy !
Hope all is well

8:16 AM, June 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home