Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Billy Joel Live

I'm sitting here in the Cow Palace in San Francisco watching Billy Joel perform live for thousands of screaming Oracle nerds. In fact I'm pretty sure Billy's biggest fan is sitting three seats to my right. (He's singing along with "We didn't start the fire")
I'm up here in San Fran for the annual Oracle conference. Rodger Dean, who used to work me, flew down from Alaska for the conference and we've been palling around for the past couple of days. Rodger didn't make hotel reservations before he came down, so he's bounced around from hotel to hotel until last night... when he ended up sleeping in his rental car because he couldn't find a hotel room under $450. Doh! (He's ok for tonite, now)
I'm not really a big Billy Joel fan, but he has also played some AC/DC ("Highway to Hell") and some Jimi Hendrix ("Purple Haze") so at least I recognized a couple of the songs. Wait, he's singing "It's still rock and roll to me" I remember that from second grade!
I'll post some pictures when I get home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

we went to his concert here in Seattle (last week) & thought it was pretty darn awesome. But, I AM a huge Billy Joel fan (he's one of my "Must See's". I'll definitely see him again, should he come back to the NW.

6:31 PM, November 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home