Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day (it was actually on saturday, but it's "observed" today, when it's observed at all).
My dad sent me a great quote about today I thought it was appropriate and very "blog-worthy"

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

There are 160,000 soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen serving in harms way right now in the middle east. To those of you that have served or are serving now, thanks for writing the check. I'll raise a beer tonite in hopes Uncle Sam doesn't cash it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fredericks the Great said...

Thanks for serving. Your sacrifice keeps us free.
-Paul

7:17 AM, November 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home