Thursday, June 07, 2007

Godspeed, Charlie Battery


Charlie_now_Bravo Marching
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
The battery I commanded a few years ago is headed off to war. I went to a farewell ceremony for the 1-143 Field Artillery Battalion at Camp Roberts today and said goodbye to a lot of friends and soldiers. I let them know that if they need anything, all they have to do is call. I know what it's like to try and fix things back home from over there and it's tough.
There were lots of speeches by various leaders, but none of them measured up to the greatest speech I have heard in a long time, though. Now I'm not the greatest speaker myself, but I know one when I see one. You can see that 12 minute speech (worth every minute) on blackfive here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home