Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmastime Happenings

My parents and sister are in town for Christmas. All three of them are enjoying Hunter-time and hanging out at the beach (since they are from the frigid pacific northwest).
I'm sick, however, and have almost completely lost my voice. Others may view this as a timely Christmas present for them since I can barely manage a whisper.
On the work front, my boss, Greg, is quitting the USPFO for greener pastures as a Unix sysadmin at Cal Poly. His departure is a surprise to say the least and I'm going to miss working with him. I'll temporarily hold his job until they can find a permanent replacement for him sometime in February, I'd guess. Like any chance for promotion, this is both a scary and tempting thing.
Finally, on a tech note, I have been wondering what this Digg thing that I've been hearing about is. (from the wikipedia article:) Digg is a community-based popularity website with an emphasis on technology and science articles. It combines social bookmarking, blogging, and syndication with a form of non-hierarchical, democratic editorial control. News stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based ranking system.
translation: lots of cool, timely links. I likey.
for example, here's a keyboard that you can program what the keys do and display on the keys themselves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
Great to hear that you and the family had a great Christmas. What were you thinking by eating sushi in Mexico... you got what you deserved.... Even when you drink the water you get it. And I thought you had a degree from Cal Poly.... Discraceful, As for the last part of the blog about the techno geeko languageo.... I can only just say, NERD.

8:28 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home