Saturday, October 29, 2005

Still Alive

Sorry blogging and email returning has been slow. I'm still on that mission off-post because it is taking longer than we thought to get this done. I've been working 16-hour days for the past week to finish this mission and haven't had time to make it over to this internet cafe to check email. I should be home in a few days, though. Really.
Anyhow, I'm still alive and kicking. Met some great reservist soldiers here trying hard to do the right thing for soldiers and get them where they need to go quickly and efficiently. It's nice to run into people like that. One of them was SGT Roberts, a paramedic from Italy, Texas. He pronounced his hometown "It-ly," so I knew he was from Texas.
Here's one for Rick... I ran into a kid (a soldier, but still a kid) at this post who was talking major smack about his Halo2 prowess. I told him that I'd give him the first Halo lesson for free, but then i was going to have to start charging. Well, I met him after hours for a game and he schooled me. Over and over and over again. I didn't win one single match against him. It was almost humbling. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home