Thursday, October 20, 2005

Modern Warfare and 24


modern warfare
Originally uploaded by Rob Wooldridge.
The face of modern warfare... at least for us REMFs. Laptops, headphones, DVD players, and books. That's what we have to entertain ourselves. Here, LTC Vienneau, Jim, Dave, and I are reading/working on our laptops and just finishing up watching the first season of 24 on DVD. Sarema bought the DVD set for me before I left for Fort Carson. A couple years ago, I saw bits and pieces of the 1st and 2nd seasons, but didn't watch it religiously until halfway through the third season when Sarema and I bought a ReplayTV Digital Video Recorder. Sarema joined me and we really got into the fourth season last year.
The ending for season one was harsh and unexpected, just like all the other plot twists in the show. I love plot twists, so I give the first season two thumbs up. I bought the second season at the PX a couple weeks ago, so after Dave, Jim, and I rest up... season 2 is on!
(for those of you who are interested, Jim is really reading War & Peace)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob.
I also like the fashion statement - white socks and sandals. *grrrr*
More interesting than that is that you guys are all facing the same direction even though none of you are looking at the same thing.
Love the blog - check it often to see what is up with the other side of the planet!
As always - Cali

8:33 AM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home