Saturday, September 03, 2005

Blog Spam! Yech!

As Terry so eloquently noticed yesterday, my last post got two comments from losers trying to hock their unsolicited wares, aka "comment spam." I deleted their posts and changed a setting in Blogger to add a security step. This "word verification step," Looks like this:



...when you go to post a comment on my blog now. What this does is to prevent automated systems from adding comments to my blog, since it takes a human being to read the word and pass this step. A lot of comment spamming is done automatically by software which can't pass the word verification, so enabling this option is a good way to prevent many such unwanted comments.
I don't want this extra step to dissuade anyone from leaving comments as I really enjoy reading them.
Sorry for the nuisance. Spammers suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home