Wednesday, August 24, 2005

SFC McElroy and WO1 Mota

Both SFC McElroy and WO1 Mota told me in last couple of days that their families check out my blog from time to time. I'm glad other folks are enjoying the blog, so here's a picture for them. Neither SFC McElroy nor WO1 Mota likes the sight of blood or needles, but both volunteered to learn to be "combat lifesavers" back at Fort Carson. This class is important for protecting other soldiers on the team and I'm proud that both men put aside their distaste for blood and needles in order to take training that could save their fellow soldiers' lives. Part of the course was learn how to give Intravenous (I.V.) fluids and they practiced on each other. In this picture, SFC McElroy is "sticking" an IV into WO1 Mota's arm. The inset picture shows a little blood getting out before SFC McElroy could get the IV line started (this is very common).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this. The pictures you post on your blog help keep our family connected to my dad on another level.

-Daughter of WO1 Mota

9:13 PM, August 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for posting such great articles on your blog it is our life line to Kuwait. My kids and I check it out daily.

-Wife of WO1 John L. Mota

11:05 PM, August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home