Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Strength

I have a friend back at the USPFO (where I used to work before I was mobilized) who recently gave birth prematurely. She was put on bed rest six months into her pregnancy, but the baby came early anyhow. After only a month or so, they discovered that the baby is blind and has a 50% chance of going deaf and/or having developmental problems.
My friend is upbeat and trying to look at the bright side of things, but I don't know how she does it. I remember being so scared while Sarema was pregnant. I was afraid that something would happen and that Hunter would be born without everything he needs to have a normal life. I will love him no matter what happens, even if he had been born blind and deaf. I would still be angry at the world, though. I would find it hard to accept that my son did not get a fair shake in life.
I'm just heartbroken about my friend's child. I only found out about this today through another person who used to work at the USPFO before we were deployed. I'm trying to find out a way that I can help her. And I thank God for not challenging me the same way that He has challenged my friend and her family. What a terrible thing to have to go through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home